Following several months of reflection and consultation with its internal and external stakeholders, AFYREN consulted, with the support of a specialized independent firm, all of its employees, through an online questionnaire or qualitative interviews, and conducted some fifteen interviews with suppliers, customers, institutions and partners.
This analysis led to the definition of a materiality matrix, which ensures that the group’s ESG commitments and ambitions are aligned with the main aspects of its activity and the expectations of its stakeholders.
This stakeholder consultation work also allowed AFYREN and its board of directors to define and formalize its Purpose:
“We enable low-carbon, circular industry by providing biobased solutions built with our partners to benefit the environment.”
The material ESG issues that AFYREN identified with its stakeholders have been integrated into three pillars of essential commitments so that its Purpose is reflected on a daily basis.
These pillars will serve as AFYREN’s ESG compass for the years to come. Nine major objectives have already been defined in order to give the pillars operational meaning and measurable scope.
During the coming year, these objectives will be developed and extended so as to lead to concrete policies with quantified performance objectives and monitoring indicators by the end of 2022.
Pillar I – Provide sustainable, high-performance, biobased solutions
- Objective 1: place eco-design at the heart of our innovation
- Objective 2: offer biobased, low-carbon alternatives to fossil-based resources
- Objective 3: bring to market biobased or natural products with high societal added value
Pillar II – Enable a low-carbon, circular, and responsible industry
- Objective 4: reduce our carbon footprint
- Objective 5: preserve the planet and its resources by making our activities part of the circular economy
- Objective 6: aim for excellence in all our business operations
Pillar III – Create an ecosystem of partners, building for the environment
- Objective 7: guarantee a safe, motivating and fulfilling working environment for all our employees, without distinction
- Objective 8: become fully engaged in developing the bioeconomy in our territories
- Objective 9: cooperate with our external stakeholders
AFYREN’s Statement of Purpose explains how we want to “enable low-carbon, circular industry by providing biobased solutions built with our partners to benefit the environment.”
Read AFYREN’s purpose statement :