AFYREN is a company at human scale, with strong values, which combines high standards and benevolence, which knows its employees and offers them a safe working environment.
AFYREN has achieved its industrial project by building its first AFYREN NEOXY factory on the Chemesis platform in Carling Saint Avold (Grand Est region). By 2022, AFYREN NEOXY will produce seven molecules, all of them 100% bio sourced, for international customers in sectors of food and feed, flavors and fragrances, chemicals, lubricants, etc.
Further to its recent successful IPO, AFYREN is accelerating its international industrial development with projects for construction of new plants.
AFYREN is recruiting an Engineering Manager M/F.
Position based in Lyon (69) – Permanent contract, full time – To be filled immediately
Possibility of temporary assignment in the country of the new plant, first in the offices to the local Engineering Company and subsequently on the construction site of the new plant.
Reporting to the Direction of the PMO (Project Management Office), the Engineering Manager is working on the EPC project for a new plant of organic acids abroad.
- Being the contact person of the external Engineering Company and the equipment suppliers during the different design phases: preliminary design, FEED and detailed design.
- Guarantee the quality of the design in due time as in the overall time schedule of the Project
- Guarantee the validation of the documents issued by the Engineering Company (BFD, PID, PFD …) in collaboration with the team of Industrial Projects.
- Participate to the project’s document management by ensuring appropriate filing of the various project data.
- Ensure smooth communication between the Project team and the engineering firms.
- Coordinate technical activities, design, technical follow-up with suppliers and support of the construction on site in connection with the selected realization engineering.
- Contribute to the process control philosophy and associated instrumentation and flowcharts.
- In close collaboration with the Project Manager, ensure the project management of the design and construction of the plant.
- Contribute to the sizing of the investments required to achieve the operational objectives.
- Support the Project Director in the development of the detailed project execution strategy. Ensure its effective implementation with focus on performance and compliance with commitments.
- In close collaboration with the Project Director, participate to the drafting of certain calls for tender and the selection of suppliers and subcontractors. You participate in the establishment of specifications, draft documents in coordination with the project team: purchase of equipment, construction and services related to the Project (design, architects, project support, permits, etc…).
- Control respect of the time schedule and organise remediation in case of delay.
- Provide your industrial expertise to guarantee a construction integrating the constraints and requirements of the process.
- Contribute to the definition of monitoring and control tools for construction contracts with respect to norms, standards, and regulations.
- Consider safety as main priority, and on the safety of the Project team. Support the persons working on the construction site to make safety a permanent concern.
- Ensure efficient communication with the Project Director and the entire project team.
- Integrate the quality and certification of the end products in the plant design from the beginning.
- Ensure perfect coordination between the team members working on the Project: R&D, Process, Site Operations, QHSE but also externally with suppliers, service providers or subcontractors.
- Ensure the update of a REX register to identify the good practices of the Project and the proposals for future improvement.
- More broadly, participate in the development of an Industrial Project structure within AFYREN to support the company’s growth ambitions in France and internationally
Frequent travelling in France and abroad.
- Engineering Master, chemical or mechanical engineering or similar
- Workload planning and delivery experience
- Minimum experience of 8 years in chemical and/or agrochemical industry
- Project management experience, preferably in an engineering company or interfacing with an engineering company
- Excellent knowledge of the different engineering trades
- Knowledge of project engineering concerning process, electricity/control system and equipment.
- Knowledge of global quality systems with ISO 9001, 45001, 14001 processes and food safety : FSSC22000, GMP+ is appreciated.
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity, ingenuity and agility
- You are dynamic, determined, rigorous and methodical. You have a spirit of initiative and know how to work in a team and in project mode.
- Knows how to work in a team and in project mode
- Fluent in English and French
WHY JOINS US ?
- To take part in an ambitious project
- To join a team with strong and sincere values
- To take part in a stimulating adventure
- To contribute to a more sustainable industry
- To be in the heart of innovation